differences of " Watch, See,Look "
watch: more active more effort longer time I deliberately look for a longer time.
see: more passive does not require effort unintentional random
look at: more effort shorter time I deliberately look
(example)
I watch TV.
I watch a movie on TV.
I watch the birds outside my window.
I see a movie.
I saw Rush play at the Palace.
I see the birds outside my window.
I see = I notice / I can see
(I go to a concert.)
I look at a flower.
I look at her face.
I look at a painting.
I look at the birds outside my window.
V1 V2-ing" versus "V1 to V2
I had experience+verbal noun....
(past perfect)
(example)
I had experience working...OK
I had experience to work...NG
Obama has experience being president. (True)
Obama doesn't have experience being president. (False)
Romney has experience being president. (False)
Romney has experience to be president. (Opinion; Republicans probably believe this is true)
Romney doesn't have experience to be president. (Opinion; Democrats probably believe this is true)
I went to the park riding my bike. 自転車で(自転車を乗って)公園へ行った。
I went to the park to ride my bike. 自転車を乗るために公園へ(例:車で)行った。
I saved money buying cheap food. 安い食べ物を買って金を貯めた。
I saved money to buy expensive food. 高い食べ物を買うために金を貯めた。
I'll stop dancing. 踊るのをやめる。
I'll stop to dance. 踊るために他の活動(例:歩くの)をやめる。
I'll practice dancing. 踊るのを練習する。
I'll practice to dance. 踊るために(準備のために)練習しておく。
上記の例文には、「to」は「ため・目的」の意味があります。他の場合には場合によりけりです:
I like dancing.
I like to dance. 同じ意味
I love dancing.
I love to dance. 同じ意味
I hate dancing.
I hate to dance. 同じ意味
I'll begin dancing.
I'll begin to dance. 同じ意味
I'll start dancing.
I'll start to dance. 同じ意味
I'll consider dancing. 踊ろうか踊りたくないか、思い巡らす。(踊りたいか、踊りたくないか、まだ決めていない。)
*I'll consider to dance. 不正解
I'll think about dancing. 意味は二つある。一つ目のは「I'll consider dancing」と同じです。二つ目は:「踊ることを考える。」たとえば、足が骨折した時、踊りの練習が出来ないから、実際に踊っていることを想像して練習する。
*I'll think about to dance. 不正解
I'll work on dancing. 「work on」は「practice」や「study」の代わりによく使います。それで、「踊ることを練習する」という意味です。
*I'll work on to dance. 不正解
*The leaf seemed dancing in the wind. 不正解
The leaf seemed to dance in the wind. 葉が風に踊っているように見えた。
I want dancing. (例:ミュージカル映画を作るなら)ダンスがほしい。
I want to dance. 踊りたい。
I'm just about dancing. 私はいずれ踊れるようになる。(例:踊るのをまだ習っているがいずれ踊れるようになる)
I'm just about to dance. 踊るところだ。すぐ(間もなく)踊る。
I'm almost dancing. 私はいずれ踊れるようになる。(例:踊るのをまだ習っているがいずれ踊れるようになる)
*I'm almost to dance. 不正解
The leaf was almost dancing. = The leaf seemed to dance.
踊れている = "I can dance"
ほとんど踊れている = "I can almost dance"
No comments:
Post a Comment