2012/09/16

preposition

at  

inside,outside
time,not specifics


in  

inside


on



day,specific



example
let's meet at the station 「駅で会いましょう」 
let's meet in the station 「駅(構内)で会いましょう」 


References

英語・<時>「~に」を表す前置詞 (at, on, in )の区別




for

for a long time...長い間
over a long time...長い時間かかって

Especially the featured container ship and broken airplane were created for a long time. ...微妙

Especially the featured container ship and broken airplane were created over a long time. better/OK

Especially the featured container ship and broken airplane were created over a long period of time. best; emphasizes the length of time.

"for" → "over": 「create」はちょっと瞬間的の感じだと思います。他のたとえ:
That house was built for a long time. 不自然
That house was built over a long time. 好転
That house was built over a long period of time. 一番明確

"time": 2つの意味:moment (short) or long period

I graduated from school for a long time. 意味は分からない
I studied in school for a long time. いい
It took me for a long time to graduate. いい

I graduated from school over a long time. これも変です。


No comments:

Post a Comment