2012/09/15

transitive, intransitive verb

transitive verb


difference transitive verb and  intransitive  verb

 intransitive  verb
動詞単体でも意味が通じること
transitive verb
目的のものがあること



*bring
I bring you a glass of wine.


I brought my suitcase.

I'll bring my favorite music to you.




*buy
I 'll/ bought the expensice watch at that shop.
(I buy the expensive watch at that shop. ...NG Because not usual)

I bought a pair of new drum sticks

*cost
the book cost a little.

this bicycle cost twice as much as yours.

this bicycle cost twice as much money as yours.

this bicycle cost two times as much money as yours.
(this byescle cost twice times money than yours...NG)



*make
it makes me happy.

that song makes you excited.
(that song makes you exciting...NG)



* offer
The vendors offer the latest machine to our company . 
(The customers offer the latest machine to our company .)

Please offer me some of your suggestions.
(Please offer me some your suggestions....NG)



*own
My grandfather owned that house.

Ken owns a new car.
Ken owes on his new car.
(Ken owes his new car. ..Not usual But other case it is correct)

*pass
I finally passed the examination last month.
(The examination took place last month was finally passed...NG)

A half hour has passed.
A half of an hour has passed.
Half of an hour has passed.
(A half of hour has passed....NG)

*play
The children were playing soccor yesterday.

My favorite music is playing.



--------------------------------------------------------

memo


bicycle  =   bi (2)+cycle(wheel)

vendors
guest, visitor, customer
(example)
A guest visits.
A customer buys.
A vendor sells.

half of

(example)

"half of cake" incorrect
"half of a cake" correct


References 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nLYE8XqQX1PmleL4T1CLgO7orWF-hNSr9_E6FjIrngs/edit

自動詞・他動詞とはどんなもの?























No comments:

Post a Comment